Date:      Sat, 15 Feb 2003 22:28:32 +0100
From:      Philip Paeps <philip@paeps.cx>
To:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Having applications ignore themes

On 2003-02-15 16:00:48 (-0500), Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-02-15 at 15:14, Philip Paeps wrote:
> > I have a nice GTK theme installed, but I would like some applications not
> > to look like the theme.  Is this possible?  Likewise, would it be possible
> > for different applications to load with a different theme?
> >
> > For example, I have downloaded the mozilla-modern-2 theme from Freshmeat,
> > and most applications look nice with it, except Mozilla (oh, the irony
> > :-)).  Is it possible to have Mozilla ignore the theme, one way or
> > another?
>
> You can create alternate ~/.gtkrc-2.0 files and use the GTK2_RC_FILES
> env var to control which file is used for a given application.  For
> example:
>
> env GTK2_RC_FILES=/home/marcus/.gtkrc-2.0-calc gcalctool

Perfect!  That works :-)  For GTK1 apps, the GTK_RC_FILES does exactly the
same too.  I like it.

Thanks!

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps                                          Please don't CC me, I am
philip@paeps.cx                                       subscribed to the list.

  If you buy bananas or avocados before they are ripe,
  there won't be any left by the time they are ripe.  If
  you buy them ripe, they rot before they are eaten.