Date:      Tue, 30 Jan 2001 21:40:00 +0000
From:      Alexander Derevyanko <der@pc759.cs.msu.su>
To:        Ben Pfountz <vt.edu!netprince@pc759.cmc.msu.ru>
Cc:        FreeBSD.ORG!freebsd-questions@pc759.cmc.msu.ru
Subject:   Re: Can I having ppp run a program before disconnecting?

> Ben Pfountz wrote:
>
> I am using ppp in -auto mode with a 32 minute idle timeout.  I would
> like to run a script just before each idle disconnect in order to
> update my DNS services to an offline state.  I cant use ppp.linkdown
> because I am already disconnected from the internet when it is
> executed.  Is there a way to do this?

As i assume, you need to change resolv.conf - write here something like
address of you corporate DNS server. It can be safely done by
ppp.linkdown,
i don't understand why not to do it.
But you have better way to do: run named on you machine, and make it
slave DNS server to you corporate private domain. Root servers must be
defined
correctly in it configuration. No other computer in you network must
point to
you dialup machine as DNS server.