Date:      Sat, 05 Mar 2011 13:11:24 -0500
From:      Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Background color for caution blocks in the Handbook

On 3/5/11 12:02 PM, Warren Block wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Mar 2011, Daniel Gerzo wrote:
>
>> On 4.3.2011 23:28, Glen Barber wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> While looking through the new HAST documentation in the Handbook, it
>>> occurred to me that we don't have any special highlighting for 'caution'
>>> tags.
>>>
>>> I think maybe it would be good to have the caution sections stand out a
>>> bit, since those sections might contain the makings of a foot canon if
>>> the user is not careful.
>>
>> Generally, I think it's a good idea; the only question is what color
>> to choose. Well, I don't really care that much, but make sure to not
>> let this go into a bikeshed discussion ;-)

Yes, staying away from a bikeshed would be nice, though there is some
painting involved here. ;)

> Red is already used for something, notes I think.  Yellow for caution
> seems appropriate.

I was originally hesitant to use yellow to avoid causing visual pain
when reading.  How about the colors I have here:

http://www.glenbarber.us/FreeBSD/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/disks-hast.html

--
Glen Barber | gjb@FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD Documentation Project