Date:      26 Jan 1998 10:11:56 +0100
From:      dag-erli@ifi.uio.no (Dag-Erling Coidan Smørgrav)
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   File I/O in kernel land (was: Re: 2nd warning:  2.2.6 BETA begins in 10 days!)

"Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com> writes:
> February, as is usually the custom.  If you want something merged
> into the 2.2 branch in preparation for 2.2.6, DO IT NOW.

With that in mind, I have a "bouncing logo" screen saver lkm (think
daemon_saver_mod crossed with splashkit) I'd like to submit. However,
I'd like to have the logo as a separate file rather than compile it
into the lkm, but I haven't had much luck finding out how to do file
I/O in kernel land. Could somebody give me a hint before i go berserk
and read the entire kernel source to find out? :)

--
 * Finrod (INTJ) * Unix weenie * dag-erli@ifi.uio.no * cellular +47-92835919 *
  RFC1123: "Be liberal in what you accept, and conservative in what you send"