Date:      Wed, 20 Mar 1996 23:26:59 +1030 (CST)
From:      Justin Viiret <justin@cyburbia.bns.com.au>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Spinner under FreeBSD

G'day everyone,

	Has anyone managed to get Spinner (web server) running under
FreeBSD (or is there a port)? It compiles out of the box and the install
script runs;  but when I use netscape to connect to the server for
configuration the 'authorisation' fails, regardless of what username and
password I use.  The contents of the BUGS file reads:

In all (?):

o crypt() does not work on FreeBSD

Could this be causing the problem, and (if so) has anyone managed to get
around it?

Information: It's Spinner 1.0b12, and I'm running FreeBSD
2.1.0-951104-SNAP.

Thanks,
      Justin.

| Justin Viiret                       Cyburbia Network Services             |
| justin@cyburbia.bns.com.au          Co-sysadmin                           |
| http://cyburbia.bns.com.au/~justin  A96 Music Competition (dis)Organiser  |
 \------------------[Relax, it's only ones and zeroes.]--------------------/