Date:      Fri, 18 Feb 2005 16:15:02 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andre Guibert de Bruet <andy@siliconlandmark.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ntpdate behavior changes between 4.x, 5.x and CURRENT

--0-755229553-1108761302=:637

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005, Doug White wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Feb 2005, Andre Guibert de Bruet wrote:
>
>>> ntpd 4.2.0 + patch to suppress those messages, which was obtained from the
>>> upstream code.
>>>
>>> So the answer is "Because the vendor put it there, and we hid it again in
>>> -CURRENT."
>>
>> Are there any plans to MFC ntpd 4.2.0? If adapting the patch for RELENG_5
>> (And 4.1.1a) would make the process any easier, could I get my mittens on
>> it?
>
> Merging is probably not doable due to interface changes in the library,
> but you can certainly figure out how to adapt the patch.  You'll want to
> coordinate with roberto@ on any changes since he's done the upstream
> imports.

How about something as simple as the attached patch?

| Andre Guibert de Bruet | Enterprise Software Consultant >
| Silicon Landmark, LLC. | http://siliconlandmark.com/    >
--0-755229553-1108761302=:637
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--0-755229553-1108761302=:637--