Date:      Wed, 19 Feb 1997 00:06:46 -0600 (CST)
From:      Tom Jackson <tom@peeper.jackson.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   make world hell/please help

I know the core team is very busy right now with Lite2, so if some kind soul
with a minute and the know-how would please respond with anything.

Running current right up to ctm#2753. Since last week I have not been able
to get even the libraries built ( by the way, the correction to msun isn't
in ctm yet either). Slowly but surely things have started to not work.
'w', 'vi', and then top-3.3 went south. Make world fails mostly in libncurses
or libedit. Most complaints seem to be connected with ld.so and math fcns:
_floor, _tan, _sin, _cos, and _ceil. Tried 'make most' and that failed in
'ps'. Screwed up awk, could rebuild, so I sucked the bin dists from neosoft.
My thought now is to replace ld.so with ld.so from neosoft but this scares
the hell out of me. If I remove the immutable flag and replace ld.so with
the neosoft Feb09 version, will I be really screwed if this doesn't? My
reasoning is that the dynamic linking to shared libs is not working, static
linked files ie 'ed' do work.

btw, groff (troff) doesn't work when I try to get a man page. Already nroff'd
pages work just fine with man.

Please reply, even to just say keep applying ctm deltas and some day it may
compile past libraries.

tia

Tom

ps - I had been doing 'make world' with -DNOCLEAN but tried the plain 'make
world', takes 6 hours, but this also fails as stated above.