Date:      07 Jan 2000 05:03:34 -0800
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
To:        sumikawa@ebina.hitachi.co.jp
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, committers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPv6-enable ports

 * From: sumikawa@ebina.hitachi.co.jp

 * Asami-san and ports developers:
 *
 * We, KAME Project, now have 70 IPv6-enabled ports in our source tree.
 * I would like to merge them into ports-current.

 * 1. add a new define 'USE_INET6' in /etc/defaults/make.conf. It's
 *    commented in default.

 * 2. Enable IPv6 in each ports if USE_INET6 is defined. For example,
 *    the patch of ports/net/rsync/Makefile is below.

That sounds fine, but what about packages?  They will all be built
without IPv6 support, right?

Or is IPv6 support downwards compatible with IPv4?  In that case I can
set USE_INET6 in the build environment and be done with it.

-PW