Date:      Wed, 2 Feb 2000 12:37:43 -0600
From:      "Alejandro Ramirez" <ales@megared.net.mx>
To:        "Alfred Perlstein" <bright@wintelcom.net>, "Marcelo" <bsdq@stgo.cl>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Why to use seperate partitions

Hi,

    There its no speed advantage in separating partitions, the best
advantage its to have things cleanly ordered, and make backups of what you
really need, you certanly dont want to backup /tmp right, or backing up /,
/var or /usr all the time, just maybe /home (users home), or the Database
partition, also when you have a disk failure, or you lost some partition,
recovering its easier and faster.

Greetings
Ales