Date:      Thu, 24 Feb 2000 18:15:13 +1100
From:      Raymond Brighenti <bargi@webfront.net.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help using diff or cpio for DPT Smartraid V files

Hi,

Just wondering if someone can help me here.

We have a machine with a  DTP Smartraid V controler and wish to get the
Raid working.
Simon Shapiro has generously written the code
(ftp://simon-shapiro.org/crash/patches/RELENG_3/) to support these beasties
but I'm a bit confused to how to use the files.

Do I install FreeBSD first and then somehow apply the files and recompile
the kernel?

Perhaps it's worth waiting for the next release of FreeBSD does anyone know
going to be included?

Thanks in advance

Ray