Date:      Thu, 19 Oct 1995 16:52:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        Gary Palmer <gary@palmer.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@gaia.coppe.ufrj.br>, supervisor@alb.asctmd.com, hackers@freebsd.org, jhay@mikom.csir.co.za
Subject:   Re: IPX feedback request -Reply

On Thu, 19 Oct 1995, Gary Palmer wrote:

> >3) Print Services.  A netware aware lpd would be useful.  Most important:
> >Should be one which could print from Unix to Netware AND vice-versa.
>
> I think that TCP/IP for Netware has lpd support in it. I know I've
> printed from my UN*X box to a Netware queue, and I believe that there
> is even support for going the other way (i.e. send jobs from a Netware
> queue to a UN*X printer).

Yes, Netware servers *can* support lpd.  Whether a particular server
*does* is a political issue.  For me, the result of that particular
political issue is a half hour walk (15 minutes each direction) in
whatever the weather in southern Indiana to pickup a printout, as opposed
to a 5 minute walk downstairs.

Yes, I would be quite pleased be able to talk directly to a netware server
that doesn't speak lpd.

-john

== http://fieber-john.campusview.indiana.edu/~jfieber ============