Date:      15 Feb 2003 16:34:13 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: New VTE :)

--=-NMcAtZkeY2RJuo4HfAyp

On Sat, 2003-02-15 at 16:16, Juli Mallett wrote:
> * De: Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.org> [ Data: 2003-02-15 ]
> 	[ Subjecte: New VTE :) ]
> > I'd just like to report that the new VTE fixes the bugs I saw with Irss=
i,
>=20
> Actually, no :(  It just fixes one, where any tab switching would break i=
> when I came back, for any updates.  Now it only breaks when the updates
> happen while I'm in another tab.

Well, as long as you let the author know, I'm sure he'll keep pounding
on it.  I found a bug with tcsh in a pre-release, and he fixed it real
quick.

As for the locale thing, vte will pick up the locale from the GNOME
environment if it's set there.  If you're using GNOME, make sure LANG is
set before calling gnome-session.  This is pretty easy to do from gdm.

Joe

>=20
> Sorry for replying to myself :(
> juli.