Date:      Wed, 19 Feb 2003 13:27:43 -0500
From:      Christopher Rued <c.rued@xsb.com>
To:        Richard Nyberg <rnyberg@it.su.se>
Cc:        Chris Barown <barowc@telenet.net>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: jdk1.3 with native threads

 > On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 12:50:00PM -0500, Chris Barown wrote:
 > > I have decided to install the jdk13 with
 > > native threads, but I get the following error:
 >
 > Me too.
 >
 > > Any ideas?
 >
 > Yeah. Put '#include <sys/time.h>' before '#include <sys/resource.h>'
 > in the offending file. However that only brings me to the following
 > errors in threads_bsd.c:

<snip>

 > ../../../../src/solaris/hpi/native_threads/src/threads_bsd.c:532: `CTX_JB_NOSIG' undeclared (first use in this function)
 > ../../../../src/solaris/hpi/native_threads/src/threads_bsd.c:533: `CTX_JB' undeclared (first use in this function)
 > ../../../../src/solaris/hpi/native_threads/src/threads_bsd.c:534: `CTX_SJB' undeclared (first use in this function)
 > ../../../../src/solaris/hpi/native_threads/src/threads_bsd.c:540: `CTX_UC' undeclared (first use in this function)
 > ../../../../src/solaris/hpi/native_threads/src/threads_bsd.c:542: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
 >
 > Any ideas now?

If I'm not mistaken, this is the same error I was getting when I tried
to compile it.  After replacing threads_bsd.c with Max Khon's code,
the problems went away.  This allowed me to compile the system with
native threads, but not HotSpot (at least that's the way I understood
it).

If you want HotSpot, you probably want to take a look at:

   http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=158575+0+archive/2003/freebsd-java/20030216.freebsd-java

The patch attached to that message, as the message states,
incorporates Max Khon's code, as well as many other nice things :).

There was some confusion about how to deal with the attached patch, so
if you are unsure, you should follow the thread forward a couple of
messages -- it's explained in one of the follow-ups.

One thing that I should mention, though, is that after I downloaded,
extracted the patch as it's given, there were lots of return (^M)
characters that were at the end of lines that did not seem to belong.
Has anybody else seen these???

After some trial and error, I think I have removed all of the
offending ^M characters from the patch and I am currently compiling
the source.

HTH

--
Chris