Date:      Tue, 4 Sep 2001 13:42:02 -0700
From:      "Kory Hamzeh" <kory@avatar.com>
To:        "Todd Reed" <ex279@hotmail.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: DUMPing entire File System

I'm not sure if I understand what you are saying. With dump, you give a name
of a filesystem and it backs up all files within that FS. If you system
contains more than 1 file system, you must issue multiple dump commands, one
for each FS. If you want to backup all of the file systems on one tape, use
the tape device that begins with "n". This way the tape driver will not
rewind at tape after dump closes the tape device.

Kory