Date:      Mon, 27 Jan 2003 18:20:03 +0100 (CET)
From:      Stacy Olivas <olivas@digiflux.org>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Willie Viljoen <will@unfoldings.net>, Peter Kieser <pfak@telus.net>, Josef El-Rayes <j.el-rayes@godskitchen.org>
Subject:   advocacy/47559: New FreeBSD PR campaign has been started... multiple projects underway.

>Number:         47559
>Category:       advocacy
>Synopsis:       New FreeBSD PR campaign has been started... multiple projects underway.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD digiflux.org 4.7-STABLE FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE #7: Thu Dec 26 17:18:28 CET 2002 olivas@digiflux.org:/usr/src/sys/compile/Digiflux i386

	26 Jan 2003:
        Today several members of the FreeBSD community decided to "quit talking the talk,
        and start walking the walk" when it comes to FreeBSD Press/Advocacy.  These
	enterprising individuals have started to lay the groundwork for what is (hopefully)
	destined to become the biggest PR push FreeBSD has seen since the departure of
	Jordan Hubbard from it's core team.

	Here's a quick run-down of events:

	Josef El-Rayes <j.el-rayes@godskitchen.org>, after seeing the newly posted To Do list,  has volunteered his time
	to monitor the media for news and stories concerning FreeBSD (including those released in Germany).  He also
	volunteered to help maintain an events calendat for FreeBSD.

	Willie Viljoen <will@unfoldings.net> also threw his hat into the ring.  Volunteering to take on the first two
	items in the To Do list, he has been utilizing his contacts to help setup a FreeBSD News website called
	freebsdnew.org.  Stacy Olivas has joined him in the effort to setup this new website.

	---

	Now is the time to give something back.  In order for this new PR campaign to be successful we need volunteers.

	Q: What can I volunteer to do?  It looks like you have all the bases covered.
	A: Take a look at the list on http://digiflux.org/fbsd-advocacy/  there are still quite a few
	   items that have not yet been claimed.  Or, if you don't want to commit to a single item, just
	   send a message to the -advocacy list and ask what you can do.

	Q: I really want to help out, but I just don't have the time.  Don't you need people who have LOTS of
	   free time on their hands to do this sort of thing?