Date:      Sat, 12 Sep 1998 12:29:34 +0000
From:      Nicolas Souchu <Nicolas.Souchu@prism.uvsq.fr>
To:        Enkhyl <enkhyl@hayseed.net>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Parallel iomega zip

On Fri, Sep 11, 1998 at 02:41:16PM -0700, Enkhyl wrote:
>On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, Nicolas Souchu wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Sep 10, 1998 at 06:14:30PM -0700, Enkhyl wrote:
>> >
>> >ppc: parallel port found at 0x378
>> >ppc0: ECP SPP ECP+EPP SPP
>> >ppc0 at 0x378 irq 7 on isa
>> >ppc0: SMC-like chipset (ECP/EPP/PS2/NIBBLE) in COMPATIBLE mode
>> >ppb: <PnP> probing devices on ppbus 0...
>> >ppb_1284_negociate: status=0x78 0
>> >ppb: <PnP> ppb_1284_negociate()=35
>> >ppb: ppb_1284_terminate()=35
>>
>> These logs are not relevant to your problem.
>>
>> Insert "#define VP0_DEBUG" at the begining of vpo.c and send me the logs.
>>
>> These are certainly timing problems. The debug logs will certainly tell us.
>
>I added this, but it didn't output anything different. I think it's
>possibly not getting that far.

VP0_DEBUG was stupid :) since your ZIP is not even probed. Try changing
your BIOS parallel port modes or the ppc boot flags (0x1, 0x3 or 0x5).

I've have the same problem here. When the parallel port is BIOS-configured
as ECP+EPP, the ZIP is not detected. I have to BIOS-configure it to EPP-only.

Any idea of the parallel chipset your have on your motherboard? It would be
usefull to us.

BTW, did you ever say your ZIP was properly running before or is it the first
time you try to use it?

Thanks to your debug contribution.

--
Nicolas.Souchu@prism.uvsq.fr