Date:      Tue, 6 Mar 2001 07:49:05 +0100 (CET)
From:      Paul Herman <pherman@frenchfries.net>
To:        Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
Cc:        Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>, Rob Simmons <rsimmons@wlcg.com>, <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: tripwire

On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Greg Lewis wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 07:58:03PM -0800, Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group wrote:
> > The commercial version, Version 2, which Tripwresecurity has made
> > the Linux version of the source available, which I might port to
> > FreeBSD as well,
>
> There were patches to get it working under FreeBSD posted to the
> list, should be able to find it in the archives, but I can't
> remember the location of the patches off the top of my head.

I should just add, this is for the Open Source version of Tripwire
only, not the super duper commercial version which Cy was talking
about.  Open Source version 2.3.1 has _just_ been released (see
tripwire.org/sourceforge for downloads) and includes support for
FreeBSD.

As for the commercial version, I don't see why it wouldn't work under
Linux-emu, but Cy probably has more experience with that than I do.

-Paul.