Date:      Sat, 27 Apr 1996 12:18:02 +0000 ()
From:      Justin Viiret <justin@cyburbia.bns.com.au>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Install hangs at 'rootfs is...'

On Fri, 26 Apr 1996, Michael Smith wrote:

> >    changing root device to fd0c
> >    rootfs is 1116 Kbyte compiled in MFS
> >
> > And then the machine hangs. Can you help me here? The machine's fairly
> > standard... 8MB RAM, two IDE drives, all run-of-the-mill stuff. Any ideas?
>
> Turn off all the caching (internal and external); there are problems with
> some Cyrix parts.  This may help.

Did that, tried again and things worked fine... however, I had to cancel
the installation and fix something else - when I tried again, with the
same CMOS settings, the problem resurfaced. Any ideas as to anything else
that I could try?

| Justin Viiret                       Cyburbia Network Services             |
| justin@cyburbia.bns.com.au          Co-sysadmin                           |
| http://cyburbia.bns.com.au/~justin  A96 Music Competition (dis)Organiser  |
 \------------------[Relax, it's only ones and zeroes.]--------------------/