Date:      Mon, 2 Oct 2000 19:01:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@whistle.com>
To:        Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
Cc:        Chris Coleman <ccoleman@oreilly.com>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Card Recommendations

Brooks Davis writes:
| I'm currently working with my Cisco rep to try and get docs to add
| crypto support to the Cisco Aironet 340 Series driver and once that
| is done, I suspect I will be recommending it over the Lucent card.
| It's definatly got better Windows software and it's got features which
| make it a substantialy better card in the enterprise like write only
| WEP keys.  Unfortunaly, you couldn't buy them even if the drivers were
| good because they currently have a 2+ month lead time even for a top
| tier federal account. :(

Or you can use my Aironet WEP patches at
	http://www.ambrisko.com/doug/an.patch.wep
Another FreeBSDer is using them with success.  I use them at home inter
mixed with Windows.  I have tested it with an access point.

If someone submits it for me that would be fine.  I just haven't had
time to yet.

BTW some people I know including myself have been able to get them
via on-line web-sites for less then $175.

Doug A.