Date:      Tue, 18 Sep 2001 10:44:14 -0500
From:      "Stephen Hilton" <nospam@hiltonbsd.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <Brent@SpiritRising.TV>
Subject:   RE: Adding IP addresses to a FreeBSD box

man ifconfig says:

alias   Establish an additional network address for this interface.  This
             is sometimes useful when changing network numbers, and one
wishes
             to accept packets addressed to the old interface.  If the
address
             is on the same subnet as the first network address for this
             interface, a netmask of 0xffffffff has to be specified.

Netmask should be 255.255.255.255 I believe.

Good Luck,

Stephen Hilton