Date:      Wed, 26 Mar 1997 11:17:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Roy M. Hooper" <rhooper@toybox.ottawa.on.ca>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   AHA2940 bug(s) still exist in 2.2.1

It would appear that the bugs in the 2940 drivers are still there in 2.2.1.
We had the same kind of crash as usual, except the machine didn't come back
up this time.

We received several "timeout" messages and then the machine froze.

The machine is configured as follows:
	Two AHA2940 cards, 3 2gb disks each
	CCD striping (interleave of 65536) on all 6 SCSI disks
	One 2GB IDE disk.

It is our news server, and is rather heavily loaded.

Before 2.2.1 the machine would reboot and come back up (after fscking the
disks for 10-20 minutes).

Anyone have any insight(s)?

NB - the IDE disk has alot of IO on it too.

We've just ordered a 3940 since we want to try to eliminate the possibility
that it's hardware related -- the crashing and burning showed up under
Solaris 2.5x86 as well.