Date:      Mon, 26 Aug 1996 11:29:03 -0700
From:      "Michael L. VanLoon" <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
To:        Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
Cc:        Karl Denninger <karl@mcs.net>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: UID < 65535?

>On Mon, 26 Aug 1996, Karl Denninger wrote:
>> Other than the fact that its not freely available?

>    Hrm, I thought it was (or used to be free).  :(

AFS is a commercial filesystem package.  It's definitely worth the
price for organizations big enough to afford it, but I don't think
it's terribly inexpensive.

Once, long long ago, AFS was developed freely at CMU.  That code has
disappeared quite some time ago.

See http://www.Transarc.com/ for more...

  Michael L. VanLoon                           michaelv@MindBender.serv.net