Date:      Tue, 21 Apr 2009 08:55:48 +0200
From:      =?utf-8?Q?Fr=C3=A9d=C3=A9ric_Perrin?= <frederic.perrin@resel.fr>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Failure when upgrading policy kit

--=-=-=

Le Lundi 20 =C3=A0 2:59, Joe Marcus Clarke a =C3=A9crit :
> On Sun, 2009-04-19 at 15:07 +0200, Fr=C3=A9d=C3=A9ric Perrin wrote:
>> For some time now, policykit does not upgrade properly. This has already
>> been reported a couple of times --see [1], [2]. It fails at the same
>> time as the other reports, when running xsltproc. Removing the -nonet
>> option from the xsltproc invokation allows the build to proceed.
>>
>> /usr/local/bin/xsltproc -nonet http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xs=
l/current/manpages/docbook.xsl polkit-auth.xml
>> I/O error : Attempt to load network entity http://docbook.sourceforge.ne=
t/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl
>> warning: failed to load external entity "http://docbook.sourceforge.net/=
release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl"
>> cannot parse http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages=
/docbook.xsl

> Can you access this URL from your build environment?

Yes, I can ; and sure enough, if I remove the -nonet option, I can see
xsltproc fetching the file on the Internet. Looking a bit further, if I
don't give the URL, but the local path to docbook.xsl, I get :

fred@chameau:/tmp/PolicyKit-0.9/doc/man% xsltproc /usr/local/share/xsl/docb=
ook/manpages/docbook.xsl polkit-auth.xml
warning: failed to load external entity "/usr/local/share/xsl/docbook/html/=
docbook.xsl"
compilation error: file /usr/local/share/xsl/docbook/manpages/docbook.xsl l=
ine 9 element import
xsl:import : unable to load /usr/local/share/xsl/docbook/html/docbook.xsl
warning: failed to load external entity "/usr/local/share/xsl/docbook/html/=
manifest.xsl"

My /usr/local/share/xsl hierarchy is almost empty. I'll look further as
to why it is so ; it seems like my docbook installation is b0rked. But
once again, seeing that other people reported it, this doesn't seem like
a very rare occurence.

=2D-=20
Fred

--=-=-=