Date:      Thu, 6 Jan 2000 20:27:27 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
To:        Delmir Fernandes <delmir@enteract.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD must remail non-commercial at all (Was: Not enoughinformation)

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, Delmir Fernandes wrote:

>First I want to let you know that mine roommate's last name is also
>McKitrick!

Where do you live?  Where is he from?  Is it spelled with only one 't'?

>Second - > If the effort to market Porsches to the minivan market had no
>difference... I'd definitely say YES.... and that is the case on the open
>source world.... got it?

Actually, since most opensource programmers are volunteers, it is often
all they can do to keep up with the basic programming that is part of
keeping an OS current.  But it might be a project for an outside company
who would like to repackage the OS into a different form and then sell or
give it away. (like Mandrake does with RedHat).