Date:      Thu, 24 Feb 2000 09:27:32 +0200
From:      Ertan Kucukoglu <ertank@ozlerplastik.com>
To:        Gustavo Rios <grios@ddsecurity.com.br>
Cc:        Peter Schwenk <schwenk@math.udel.edu>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PCI modem

Gustavo Rios wrote:

> So, here is my kernel config file:
>
> # Only related to serial ports, nothing else
>
> # Serial (COM) ports
> #device         sio0    at isa? disable port "IO_COM1" flags 0x10 tty irq 4
> device          sio1    at isa? port "IO_COM2" flags 0x10 tty irq 3
> #device         sio2    at isa? port "IO_COM3" tty irq 4
> device          sio4    at pci? port 0xE400 tty irq 12
> #device         sio3    at isa? disable port "IO_COM4" tty irq 9
>
> Isn't it strange i got no message about this device detection?
>
> --
> The thing i like most about Windows is ....
> You can download FreeBSD with it!

Hello,

I know little about kernel settings in detail so I may say wrong things.
Please say me if I do.

As I know PCI cards are probed automatically. You needn't to set your
I/O or IRQ settings.

And, I didn't find your modems discription in both www.3com.com and
www.usr.com. Are you sure that 0727 is the model number of your modem?

Can you say me the whole name? Maybe I can find it by this way.
Or, if you have documentation on CD, floppy etc. you can send them to my
private mail.

Regards,

--
Ertan Kucukoglu