Date:      Wed, 09 Aug 2000 10:38:05 +0200
From:      "Georg-W. Koltermann" <gwk@sgi.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        jmz@freebsd.org
Subject:   XFree86 package in 4.1R missing X server

--------------06F029C6A8DBD13E41866E6A

Hello,

I recently tried to install XFree86 4.0 from the FreeBSD 4.1R package
directory at ftp.freebsd.org.  I installed all the packages that look
like "XFree84*4.0", but I did not get any X server installed.

I also looked in the 4.1-stable packages directory, and din't find
anything that might contain an XFree-4.0 X server either.

So to me it looks like there is no XFree86 4.0 X server in the packages
directory, currently.  Or am I missing something?

In the meantime I have installed XFree86 4.0 from my 4.0R CDROM.  On
that CDROM the XFree86-4.0 system is in one LARGE package rather than
split into functional pieces, and it DOES contain an X server.
Unfortunately this old package has a problem with .Xauthority files
(they are created with zero bytes, so I have to run with xhost(1) based
authorization).

Can anyone provide me with an up-to-date XFree86 4.0 X server, or give
me a pointer? Please CC me on the replies, I am not subscribed to
-questions due to the volume.

--
Thanks,
Georg-W. Koltermann                          Email: gwk@sgi.com

P.S.: I've cc-ed jmz because he is listed in the ports collection as the
maintiner for the XFree86 4.0 port.

--------------06F029C6A8DBD13E41866E6A

begin:vcard
n:Koltermann;Georg-W.
tel;cell:+49-171-3040144
tel;work:+49-89-46108395
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:Silicon Graphics;PSO
version:2.1
email;internet:gwk@sgi.com
adr;quoted-printable:;;Silicon Graphics GmbH=0D=0AAm Hochacker 3;München;;85630;Germany
x-mozilla-cpt:;-27392
fn:Georg-W. Koltermann
end:vcard