Date:      Sat, 4 Jan 2003 04:54:23 +0100
From:      Andreas Ntaflos <ant@overclockers.at>
To:        Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Softer crash a show-interrupter only (please CC me in reply)

On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 06:42:42PM -0800, Peter Leftwich wrote:
> [Please CC me in your reply]
>
> Can anything be gathered from the attached sysconsole messages?  Oh, also,
> is there a tcsh command line I can run that will "tee" messages both to the
> console and to a file, such as `startx &2> startx.out` or something? Thx!!

For that I would use script(1). I think with tcsh it is not possible to
direct stdout and stderr to both a file and the console.

> box 1743 ~ # startx
> xauth: (argv):1:  bad display name "...r.com:0" in "list" command
> xauth: (argv):1:  bad display name "...r.com:0" in "add" command
> XFree86 Version 4.2.1 / X Window System
> (protocol Version 11, revision 0, vendor release 6600)

I am afraid I don't use either Gnome nor Galeon nor GAIM, so I don't think I
can help you with that, but you should set your IP address and hostname in
/etc/hosts to avoid that xauth errormessage.
	As for the rest, you sould probably check your jdk1.3.1 installation
or something like that. This libjavaplugin_oji.so-thingy is something I've
encountered too, but with the native FreeBSD version of Opera. Don't really
have a clue on that.

HTH (a little)
regards
--
	Andreas "ant" Ntaflos	|  "A cynic is a man who knows the price of
	ant@overclockers.at	|  everything, and the value of nothing."