Date:      Wed, 2 Dec 1998 10:48:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Grant Schofield <gschofield@wiac.iol.ie>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem - dev Card0 not configured

On Wed, 2 Dec 1998, Grant Schofield wrote:
> I am running FBSD on a PII 233 laptop with two PCMIA slots. I am trying to
> get FBSD to recognise my PCMIA 33.6 V34 modem card. I have altered the
> PCCard.conf file to reflect the proper settings, but keep getting the
> message 'card0 not configured' at boot up. I have changed to /dev and run sh
> MAKEDEV card0 succesfully. However, when I run PPP it says it can't find the
> modem. In the PPP configuration file I have specificed Card0 as my modem as
> well as trying cua1 & 2, both with no joy. Does anybody have any ideas? [I
> am using the robotics modem settings in pccard.conf].

Do you have PCCARD support turned on in your kernel?

# PCCARD (PCMCIA) support
controller crd0
device     pcic0   at crd?
device     pcic1   at crd?

Also, on my Toshiba, if I have Restart Mode(?) set to resume instead
of boot, FreeBSD doesn't see the pccard controller and get that message.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, Inc.                            dan@dpcsys.com