Date:      Sat, 1 Mar 1997 16:37:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Burton Sampley <burton@bsampley.vip.best.com>
To:        Jason Wells <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Terminals and environments

I believe the two files which determine the environment in X are,
.Xdefaults and .cshrc.  A really good book on X is X User Tools (ISBN
#0-56592-019-8).  This book is a little out of date but I teaches you how
to setup X resources and other stuff about some of the more popular X
window managers.  You might check with your local book store if there is a
more current version.

It's been very helpful for me.

I hope this helps.

Burton Sampley