Date:      Sat, 01 Apr 2000 20:12:19 -0500
From:      James Housley <jim@thehousleys.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Building 4.x on 3.x

I got an old pentium 100 laptop that I want to play around with 4.x on.
It's disk to too small to hold the source tree, obj tree and useful
programs.  Is it okay to do the buildworld on my 3.4-Stable server with
more memory, speed, disk, etc....  Then nfs mount the src & obj trees to
do the install world and build kernel??

Since this is how a source upgrade would be done my guess is yes, but I
just want to check.

Jim