Date:      15 Feb 2003 17:26:21 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: New VTE :)

--=-2ScHZ77bbeeAwbJXKLcg

On Sat, 2003-02-15 at 16:37, Juli Mallett wrote:
> * De: Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com> [ Data: 2003-02-15 ]
> 	[ Subjecte: Re: New VTE :) ]
> > On Sat, 2003-02-15 at 16:16, Juli Mallett wrote:
> > > * De: Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.org> [ Data: 2003-02-15 ]
> > > 	[ Subjecte: New VTE :) ]
Irssi,
> > >=20
> > > Actually, no :(  It just fixes one, where any tab switching would bre=
ak it
> > > when I came back, for any updates.  Now it only breaks when the updat=
es
> > > happen while I'm in another tab.
> >=20
> > Well, as long as you let the author know, I'm sure he'll keep pounding
> > on it.  I found a bug with tcsh in a pre-release, and he fixed it real
> > quick.
> >=20
> > As for the locale thing, vte will pick up the locale from the GNOME
> > environment if it's set there.  If you're using GNOME, make sure LANG i=
> > set before calling gnome-session.  This is pretty easy to do from gdm.
>=20
> I have LANG set properly, and killed X and did a new xinit (how I run thi=
> stuff), and GNOME picked up my locales fine, even gnome-terminal has the
> translated message catalogue in use, but the character coding isn't set
> right.

In looking at the code, you should be able to set your locale to
en_US.ISO8859-15, and have g_get_charset() work correctly.  The locale
en_US.ISO_8859-15, while supported by libc, isn't supported by Xlib, so
doesn't work.

There may also be another issue in gnometerminal.  I'm looking at that
now.

Joe

--=20

--=-2ScHZ77bbeeAwbJXKLcg