Date:      Tue, 12 Mar 2002 10:22:29 -0800
From:      "Raistlin A. Majere" <raistlin@preston.pinemeadowgolf.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   debugging slow perl string concats

I'm still trying to debug those slow string concats on perl (previous
posts) and my dilema at present is that I want to be able to profile the
perl binary while it executes to watch what's consuming so much time.  I
rebuilt perl from source and added the -pg flags to it, although I'm not
sure how to call the perl interpreter with the perl program, or how to
watch what's happening while it executes.  Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.

Raistlin Alexander Majere