Date:      Tue, 17 Jan 1995 13:59:24 -0600 (CST)
From:      Ron Porter <porter@fozzie.chem.wisc.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   More on kernal rebuild problem

Hello,
  Thanks for the response to my question on kernal rebuild
problems. In the responses i got the problem seems to have
somthinng to do with the swap. This brings me to a question
i had a while back but never asked because there seemed to
be no problems. The question is, when you add more memory
to a system do you have to modify the swap size in some way?
I did go from 4Mbs to 8Mbs after the initial install of the
system without doing anything with the swap.
Could this have somthing to do with the errors?
The errors again were somthing like this:
wd0e: hard error reading fsbn 114583 of 114544-114607(wd0 bn
623623; cn 618 tn 10 sn 49)
wd0:status 59<seekdone.drq.err> error 40<uncorr>
wdc0: extra interrupt
vnode pager read error:5

Thanks for the help, Ron
--