Date:      Tue, 2 Jul 1996 07:17:29 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X11 problems, mouse cursor freezes when trying to open pull down , menues in xv and tgif...

On Mon, 1 Jul 1996, Doug White wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Jul 1996, Andreas Klemm wrote:
>
> > As the subject says I have trouble with a -current machine under X11.
> > Since about 1-2 weeks, I'm unable to use xv's visual schnauzer and
> > tgif for example.
> >
> > The mouse cursor freezes on the pull down menue ...
>
> You left numlock turned on?
>
> Just a stupid-check.  :-)

I'd wish that it is so easy ... ;-) When I turn on the numlock,
then the mouse cursor (the X) freezes very fast when clicking
with the middle mouse button in the desktop background ;-)

But here it happens, whenever I activate a pulldown menue
in an X application even if NUMLOCK is turned off.

Compile and Run tgif. click with the left mouse butten onto the
File pulldown menue. The mouse pointer changes from an 'X' to a
'hand' symbol, and that's it, the pulldown menue pulls down but
the hand symbol of the mouse is copletely frozen at that place, where
I clicked the pulldown menue.

And that with xv, too. I'm running a Winner 2000PRO/X with 2 megs
of RAM. It has the S3 968 chip on board.

	Andreas ///

--
andreas@klemm.gtn.com         /\/\___      Wiechers & Partner Datentechnik GmbH
   Andreas Klemm          ___/\/\/         Support Unix -- andreas.klemm@wup.de