Date:      Wed, 12 Jul 2000 20:17:48 -0400
From:      "Kevin Gross" <kc144@sprynet.com>
To:        "Martin Mactaggart" <martinmact@yahoo.com>
Cc:        "questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: My telnet has been possed by a demon (I can't telnet to my FreeBSD machine anoymore)

I'm having the same problem when telnetting from my WinNT machine to my FBSD
4.0 Stable box.  If I connect to the internet, I can telnet to my FBSD box
just fine.  Without an internet connection, no go.  Incidentally, my NT box
is running SyGate to share a dial-up internet connection (as I haven't
figured out how to share one using FBSD yet).

I'm pretty sure it's not an NT problem.  For those who speak Windows, I've
already changed the bindings so that the network card comes before the
remote access WAN adapter.

Anyone else have ideas?

Kevin Gross