Date:      Thu, 12 Mar 1998 06:24:51 -0500
From:      "Harry Patterson" <harry@visiontm.com>
To:        "Tom Jackson" <toj@gorillanet.gorilla.net>
Cc:        "scsi freebsd" <freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Still having problems with CTT8000-S

Tom,

Thanks for the reply.

The drive and controller card work perfectly on both Windows95 and WindowsNT
workstation. Upon boot up the drive responds well to the probe and does a
tape positioning. It will also reposition if you take out the tape and
reininsert it.  The most I have received from anyone is that the 1505-1520x
series of scsi controller cards which use the aix driver are "buggy".  It
seems my only answer is to buy a new card (like your 2940) however I really
didn't have the budget for $175.00 new scsi card. It's especially
frustrating since I have 3 good cards that work on windows machines.

If you have any recomendations for supported but less expensive cards I'm
all ears.

Thanks again

Harry