Date:      Wed, 12 May 1999 11:12:11 -0500 (EST)
From:      Matthew Joseff <mjoseff@retribution.net>
To:        root <brian@visionpro.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Corrupt tar.gz ...

On Tue, 11 May 1999, root wrote:
}Hi, All.
}        I have a serious problem.  I have a tar.gz file that has gone
}'corrupt' on me.  I'm getting an "Unexpected end of file." error when I
}try to ungzip it.  How can I fix this?  (I wouldn't be so concerned it
}this wasn't my only copy of it).
}        Any help is more than greatly appreciated.

1st, gunzip it.

2nd, tar -xvf <file>.  It should extract the file up until the error.  The
error you are getting just indicates that the tar process was terminated
prematurely.  Hope this helps.

--
Matthew Joseff, Web Development
RCN Corp. 703-321-2410