Date:      Sun, 20 Feb 2000 10:09:53 -0600
From:      "Mark Tempel" <mtempel@visi.com>
To:        <freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: sparc/16829: kaffe port is broken - dumps core with all(?) java programs

> From: "K" <contactk@hotmail.com>
> To: <freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org>
> Subject: Re: sparc/16829: kaffe port is broken - dumps core with all(?) java
programs
> Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 23:02:30 -0800
>
>  hey when will the sparc port be -stable? i am itching to try those sun
>  netra's out with fbsd

Since there is no FreeBSD Sparc code in CVS, and we are still in the preliminary
steps of the port, it is impossible to say when it will be stable.  I would
assume
that it will be at least a year before we get close to a stable system.  This is
*NOT*
a commitment to a timeline though, it is just a very rough estimate.

Mark Tempel
mtempel@visi.com