Date:      Sun, 28 Jul 2002 16:55:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        neologism <neologism@seznam.cz>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mta versus sendmaill

On Sun, 28 Jul 2002, neologism wrote:

> I really dislike the way 4.6 handles mta/sendmail in its starting rc scripts
> Why don't we have something as "mta_enable" which enables mta configuring in
> its own rc.$mta_name?

It already does. You want to put an on/off switch on mta_start_script? If
you set mta_start_script, you will get your own MTA startscript called
instead of sendmail (and the sendmail_* options will be ignored).

Or at least this is how its working on the 4.6-STABLE box I built last
week. I run postfix and just had to add:

mta_start_script="/etc/rc.postfix"

to get it going (after creating rc.postfix of course).

dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu     |  www.FreeBSD.org