Date:      Fri, 22 Mar 2002 21:09:27 -0500 (EST)
From:      jim <jim@jwweeks.com>
To:        "Alastair D'Silva" <deece@newmillennium.net.au>
Cc:        "'Simon'" <simon@optinet.com>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Questions about Apache

On Sat, 23 Mar 2002, Alastair D'Silva wrote:

> The port by default runs as nobody/nogroup, but I prefer to make to make
> a www:www user/group for it, since it is bad practice to have files
> owned by nobody.

I might be missing something here, but I can't see a lot of
difference.  Both users nobody, and www are un-privileged users.  Other
than uids being either bellow 100 of above.  What difference could it
possibly make?

I still think removing the pass phrase and chmoding the file 600 is
probably the safest thing to do, other than allays being around for a
reboot.

--
Jim Weeks