Date:      Mon, 19 Mar 2007 22:50:08 GMT
From:      Michael Scheidell <scheidell@secnap.net>
To:        perl@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/108934: mail/p5-Mail-SpamAssassin: spamassassin uses /var/lib/spamassassin directory but /var/lib doesn't exist on FreeBSD

The following reply was made to PR ports/108934; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Michael Scheidell <scheidell@secnap.net>
To: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@fantomas.sk>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/108934: mail/p5-Mail-SpamAssassin: spamassassin uses /var/lib/spamassassin
 directory but /var/lib doesn't exist on FreeBSD
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 18:44:07 -0400

 Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
 > actually, I don't mind have /var/lib/spamassassin on my filesystem, I just
 > think that's not good idea because of FreeBSD's different directory layout.
 > for ports, you could just specify localstatedir when configuring
 > SpamAssassin. However as I said, I would prefer different directory for
 > updates than the one in /usr/local/...

 I am looking at this again (I want to patch dependencies for gnupg)

 When sa-update first came out, and I let it use the default
 /var/lib/spamassassin, SA broke
 (since sa looks for: localrules, state dir, then site dir.  if it finds
 state dir (var/lib) it doesn't even load site dir (/usr/local/share)
 This cause problems originally. (missing files, missing rules, etc)

 however, by using my method (--updatedir
 /usr/local/share/spamassassin).  it seems to load BOTH sets (uses too
 much ram)

 patching will need to be made, looking into it now.

 Do you suggest /usr/local/lib/spamassassin ??

 I think I should also do a postinstall, ifexists /var/lib  and move it
 to /usr/local/lib.

 do you think that would work?  do you want to test out the patches
 before I commit them?

 This email has been scanned and certified safe by SpammerTrap(tm)
 For Information please see http://www.spammertrap.com