Date:      Wed, 12 Mar 2003 01:59:28 +0530
From:      Shantanu Mahajan <shantanoo+fbsd@ieee.org>
To:        freebsd@mcesr.etat.lu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: disabling sendmail and using postfix

+++ freebsd@mcesr.etat.lu [freebsd] [11-03-03 17:34 +0100]:
| Hi,
| (freebsd newbie)
| I've installed postfix from ports. At the end of the
| installion script I was asked if it should modify the
| /etc/mail/mailer.conf file which I answered with yes!
|
| My question is, how is postfix started? It did not install
| a .sh file in /usr/local/etc/rc.d.
|
| Is still started with the sendmail_enable="yes" variable in
| rc.conf or do I have to set sendmail_enable="NONE", and add
| something different to use postfix?
|
| What other "specific freebsd" files do I have to or should
| I modify when using postfix (for example like make.conf)?
| Where can I find more info when using postfix on freebsd?
|
| Thanks a lot
| Didier
|
| ------------------------------
	mailer.conf is used as a mail wrapper. since postfix
	is sendmailish, the other progs. are not affected
	since they think that they are talking to sendmail
	prog. but in reality postfix is running.

	Regards,
	Shantanu

--
Truly great madness can not be achieved without significant intelligence.

PGP keyID 	      : 137AFD9E
PGP keyID fingerprint : C7DA 3350 1DEA F371 37DC  D92A F0D4 C2ED 137A FD9E