Date:      Fri, 30 Jan 1998 19:51:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert Watson <robert@cyrus.watson.org>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3com 3c589 PCMCIA ethernet card

On Fri, 30 Jan 1998, Nate Williams wrote:

> > Probably for most of others, but not for me. I have some bitter experience
> > to get FreeBSD 2.2.[2,5] recognize my 3c589 PCMCIA card working on my
> > Toshiba notebook, only end up with PAO
>
> Did you try the PCCARD support in 2.2.5, or the dedicated zp0 driver?

I've been using zp0 under FreeBSD-current (not PAO) and have been having
problems after large or intensive data transfers (usually using NFS).  The
card no longer sends or receive packets; bring the interface down and then
up again using ifconfig apparently fixes it.  Ping indicates that the
buffer if full if I attempt to ping during the problem.  I was wondering
if anyone else has this problem with the zp driver, or if I am having
problems with a bad card?  I had this same problem with -stable.

  Robert N Watson

Carnegie Mellon University http://www.cmu.edu/
SafePort Network Services  http://www.safeport.com/
robert@fledge.watson.org   http://www.watson.org/~robert/