Date:      Mon, 1 Dec 2008 20:43:26 +0100
From:      Marc Fonvieille <blackend@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Gabor PALI <pgj@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [Sort of RFC] Ports and packages for docs

On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 04:00:34PM +0100, Gabor PALI wrote:
> Manolis Kiagias wrote:
> > Marc Fonvieille wrote:
> >> [..] I'm working since a while on ports for doc [..]
> > [..]
> > Since as you said you have a way of automating this, my only other
> > question would be how often will these be updated. Are you planning,
> > say, for monthly releases?
>
> Yes, it is a good question indeed.  Some other questions in connection
> with this:
>
> - Where are these packages build and stored?

For the moment freefall and my desktop box are the build machines.

> - Would they be the part of the Ports Collection?  If the answer is yes
> (a conditional subquestion):
>
> 	- Will they have a separate category?

The objective is having dedicaced ports and we may need a specific
category.

> - Will they be maintained separately?
>
> - Who should maintain them?  (In my opinion, every localized
> documentation package content should be maintained and regulated by the
> translators themselves.)

doceng@ (and in part re@) should maintain them, as it's done for docproj
related ports, etc.
A monthly update is planned, if people need more frequent update they
should use csup(1) etc.

--
Marc