Date:      Wed, 11 Aug 1999 22:32:52 +0800 (CST)
From:      Matthew Enger <menger@dhs.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RedHat Linux 5.2 --> FreeBSD 3.2-STABLE

Hello,
	my school has reciently been upgrading several things and we
decided to purchase a new server to replace the P166MMX which is currently
serving all the students files (through samba) and mail. We purchased a
dual PIII 500 machine with scsi to replace it and we also decided we would
try and convert over from RedHat Linux to FreeBSD.

	One of the issues which we have encounted is how do we convert the
password file over? We are using md5 to encrypt the passwords on the linux
system. Anyone got a good solution to move these users over without having
to ask them to re-enter their password all over again?

	from,
		Matthew Enger
		menger@kgv.edu.hk