Date:      Wed, 16 Jun 2004 20:54:34 +1000
From:      "Alastair G. Hogge" <agh@tpg.com.au>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Allan Fields <bsd@afields.ca>
Subject:   Re: Custom kernels causing Promise ATA RAID to go down

On Tuesday 08 June 2004 15:56, Allan Fields wrote:
[snip]
> I've also experienced instability with Promise RAID controllers in
> the past but didn't ever use a GENERIC kernel.  I'm interested in
> this issue, but don't know if it's related.
OK Update.

I've been nuking /usr/obj and cvsuping and rebuilding world every day since
back on the 6th of June. Finaly today the 16 of the June, after a rebuild
world/kernel my custom kernel no longer brings the array down. Happy happy
joy joy :-)

Also a bonus, ACPI now powerdown(s) the system without fail.
-Al