Date:      Wed, 12 Jul 2000 18:19:02 -0500
From:      "David J. Kanter" <djkanter@northwestern.edu>
To:        G-der <gder@tribble.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvsup: src-sys ports-all breaks ports

On Wed, Jul 12, 2000 at 02:51:46PM -0600, G-der wrote:
> My cvsupfile was set to get src-sys and ports-all.  I recompiled the
> kernel (so now I'm running 3.5-STABLE) and went to install some ports.  On
> each one I got an error message saying that the system version was
> incorrect for the port.
---end quoted text---

I'm not expert, but you generally update sources AND the kernel in concert.
Updating just one is bound to cause problems.

You probably need to update src-all to get the ports to work, otherwise
they'll be out of sync too.

I first installed 3.4 release, then upgrading the ports and got all those
messages about "Must make world first." I'd say that's a pretty obvious hint.
--
David Kanter
djkanter@northwestern.edu