Date:      Sun, 24 Aug 1997 19:43:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Charlie ROOT <root@elektra.virgil.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: jaz drive

You needed to send your message to `questions@freebsd.org' only.

On Fri, 15 Aug 1997, Charlie ROOT wrote:

> how do I install a jaz drive on a free-vsd system???
>
> I hooked it up and it finds it when starting up however it gives the
> error message....
>
> (aic0:4:0)  "iomega jaz 1 GB H.72" type 0 removeable SCSI 2
> sd1(aic0:4:0): Direct Access
> sd1(aic0:4:0):UNIT ATTENTION asc:28,0
> sd1(aic0:4:0): Not ready for transition, medium may have changed.
>
> and I can't mount it...I asked someone and tey mentioned something about
> fstab but I know NOTHING about it...can someone help??

This is correct and proper.   Your JAZ drive is available as disk sd1.

If you have a MSDOS-formatted disk, mount it by running:

mount -t msdos /dev/sd1s1 /mnt

The contents will appear under /mnt.  When you're done run `umount /mnt'.

If you want to format a Jaz disk to use the UNIX filesystem, see
http://resnet.uoregon.edu/dwhite/makedisk.html.

Spam routed to /dev/null by Procmail    | Death to Cyberpromo