Date:      Wed, 2 Dec 1998 11:36:57 +0000 (GMT)
From:      freebsd-questions account <question@namodn.com>
To:        Chris Martino <chrismar@peanut.readington.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sound.....again! (yamaha OPL3)

When you use plug n play cards with the pcm driver, the card uses the pcm1
device, not pcm0 (i know, i know :) although it does not seem that your
card is assigned to pcm1..

Did you go into the kernel config (not visual!) and make sure the pnp
settings are the way you want them? (enabled, irq, port, etc)

One thing you must do when the card is pcm1, rm the /dev/audio, dsp, dspW,
etc, and make new symlinks ln -s dsp1 dsp, audio1 audio, as opposed to the
dsp -> dsp0 like before...

Do a cat /dev/sndstat and see if the card is successfully detected as
pcm1..

-rob
( www.namodn.com )
( mailto : robert@namodn.com )