Date:      Mon, 21 Jun 2004 02:03:30 -0700
From:      Edward Epstein <peepstein@canada.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: scp only connection

Hi Volker, there is a program called scponly that will do what you want. I
believe that it is in the ports, but the URL is
http://www.sublimation.org/scponly/

Cheers,
Ed

Thus spake Volker:

>Hi!
>
>Does anybody know if it's possible to have a user scp'ing only on a
>FreeBSD machine and deny ssh access?
>
>I've got an sshd running and want one user only use scp but disallow ssh
>access. I've tried to set the shell to /bin/false but then even scp
>won't be accessible (does anybody know why??).
>
>This machine does not have an ftpd installed (and I don't want to).
>
>Is there a way to restrict an ssh user to scp only?
>
>Thx,
>
>Volker

"There are people who cheat on their spouse but not at cards, and vice versa,
and both and neither. Reputation is not necessarily portable from one
situation to another, and it's not easily expressed."
--Clay Shirkey. (http://www.shirky.com/writings/group_enemy.html)

"It has been said that man is a rational animal.  All my life I have
been searching for evidence which could support this."
--Bertrand Russell.

"The American empire is ideological, not territorial. We are the most
ideological people in the world, and we are so united in our view that we
don't understand there can be other views."
--Lt. Gen. William Odom, ret. (Former Director of NSA).